Date:	Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:12:02 -0600
From:	Paul Jackson <pj@....com>
To:	Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, mingo@...e.hu,
	vatsa@...ux.vnet.ibm.com, dhaval@...ux.vnet.ibm.com,
	nickpiggin@...oo.com.au, ebiederm@...ssion.com,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, sgrubb@...hat.com, rostedt@...dmis.org,
	ghaskins@...ell.com, dmitry.adamushko@...il.com,
	tong.n.li@...el.com, tglx@...utronix.de, menage@...gle.com,
	rientjes@...gle.com
Subject: Re: scheduler scalability - cgroups, cpusets and load-balancing

Peter, replying to Paul:
> >  3) you turn off sched_load_balance in that realtime cpuset.
>
> Ah, I don't think 3 is needed. Quite to the contrary, there is quite a
> large body of research work covering the scheduling of (hard and soft)
> realtime tasks on multiple cpus.

Well, the way it's coded now, the user space code needs to do (3),
because that's the only way they get the system to have anything
other than one big fat sched domain covering the all the CPUs in
the system.

Actually ... I need a picture of a bunny with a pancake hat here,
as I have no idea what you just said ;).

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability