Date:	Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:56:40 -0800
From:	"Leibowitz, Michael" <michael.leibowitz@...el.com>
To:	<serge@...lyn.com>
Cc:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: CLONE_NEWNS and bind mounts to make "chroot" jail

If I understand correctly, the following should accomplish what I'm
looking for.  However, pivot_root gives me EBUSY.  I played around with
moving the mount --bind /jail /jail to before the unshared, as well as
making old_root a bind mount to itself.  However, pivot_root always
seems to fail.  Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong?  The
following is my test code (error checking has been removed for clarity,
except for pivot_root).

  char *newargv[]= { "sh", NULL };

  chdir("/jail");
  unshare(CLONE_NEWNS));
  mount("/jail", "/jail", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
  mount("/bin", "bin", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
  mount("/usr", "usr", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
  mount("/lib", "lib", NULL, MS_BIND, NULL));
  if (pivot_root(".", "old_root")) perror("pivot_root . old_root");
  exec("./bash-static"); /* copied to /jail prior to running */

Thanks.

>Serge replies:
 [snip...snip]

--