Date:	Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:28:10 -0700
From:	Justin Madru <jdm64@...ab.com>
To:	Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org>,
	Bryce Harrington <bryce@...onical.com>
CC:	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [Regression: 2.6.25-rc5: Blank Screen: Intel 945]

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> No problem, building X still isn't quite as easy as it should be, but it's
> only slightly more complicated than the typical './configure;make;make
> install' due to the dependencies between packages.  You can check out the X
> wiki (wiki.x.org), there are some hints on building things there.

I'm just compiling the intel_reg_dumper right? I don't have to recompile
all of X to use it?

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> The following command will pull in all the dependencies you need for
> building -intel:
>
>  sudo apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-intel

Ok, got that. I tried to compile and I found out I also had to install
libpciaccess-dev, that's probably because I'm using the git tree and not
the one that Ubuntu 7.10 uses. But I still can't compile the
intel_reg_dumper I get the following error:

intel-driver/src/reg_dumper$ make
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -I./.. -DREG_DUMPER -g -O2 -MT
main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:72: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_device_map_range’
main.c:72: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘pci_device_map_range’
main.c:75: error: ‘PCI_DEV_MAP_FLAG_WRITABLE’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
main.c:75: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:75: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Justin