Date:	Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:28:32 +0100
From:	"Jesper Juhl" <jesper.juhl@...il.com>
To:	"David Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	chrisw@...s-sol.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	stable@...nel.org, jmforbes@...uxtx.org, zwane@....linux.org.uk,
	tytso@....edu, rdunlap@...otime.net, davej@...hat.com,
	chuckw@...ntumlinux.com, reviews@...cw.f00f.org,
	mkrufky@...uxtv.org, cebbert@...hat.com, cavokz@...il.com,
	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk, gregkh@...e.de
Subject: Re: [patch 07/76] NIU: Bump driver version and release date.

David,

When I made the reply below I was rather tired and edgy. I would like
to explain why I commented as I did and offer an appology for wasting
your time and/or annoying you - that was never my intention.

I try to participate constructively where and when I can and one of
the ways I try to do so is by reading patches that people submit. Most
of the time I'm not qualified to comment on them and I try not to.
In this specific case I felt I knew the -stable rules well enough and
could understand the patch well enough to offer up a constructive
comment, so I did.
My Intention was simply to point out that the patch *seemed* to fall
outside what the -stable rules allowed, and my understanding was that
the rules were there for a reason - to keep -stable patches to the
very minimum required to fix bugs and only that.

When you replied the way you did I got rather irritated by the fact
that you chose to see it as an attempt to waste peoples time rather
than see it how I intended it; as an attempt to help out by reviewing
patches and point out any oddities/guideline-deviation I observed.

I should have waited to respond and certainly not written my response
while still being annoyed.

I realize now that patches like this are acceptable for -stable, so
I'll refrain from commenting on them in the future.

I hope you can accept an appology and see that I did not intend to
waste anyones time.

Kind regards,
  Jesper Juhl