Date:	Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:09:34 +0100
From:	Richard Jonsson <richie@...erworld.net>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Keyboard weirdness: keys get stuck

Richard Jonsson skrev:
>> With 2.6.25-rc6-git-something I have experienced stuck keys. When
>> typing a  sentence a character repeats aboooooooout 10 times, or as
>> 'about' above ;). I tested with a new kernel today,
>> 2.6.25-rc7-git-something and the problem is still present.
>>
>> With 2.6.25-rc3 the keyboard is fine, and I've not tried with any
>> kernel in between.
>>
>> As a side note, timestamps gets mixed up in dmesg output in a 1-2
>> second span. Maybe related?
>>
>> This is on a HP dv2140eu laptop, x86_64 SMP. Please cc me if you want
>> configuration details or testing to be done.
>>

> I should add that while watching a movie I noticed that video stutters
> every now and then, on an irregular basis. It lasts for approx a second
> each time.

Update

I've been trying to reproduce this bug all morning, and could not
reproduce it without firefox running. I then saw with dmesg that the
flash plugin had crashed:

[ 2170.872049] npviewer.bin[9053]: segfault at 0 ip f6dc9348 sp ffd3e788
error 4 in libflashplayer.so[f6d2c000+66b000]

This would explain why it can take several days between me experiencing
the bug, but it doesn't explain the mixed up timestamps in kern.log

Even if flash/npviewer is at fault, IMHO it shouldn't cause microlockups
that I experience

regards, Richard