Date:	Tue, 8 Apr 2008 23:01:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:	Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@....de>
To:	Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>
cc:	Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@....net>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [2.6.25-rc6] possible regression: X server dying

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Dave Airlie wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pircher@....net> wrote:
> >
> >  Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I have a similar problem with the
> >  Xorg X server. I'm using kernel 2.6.25-rc8 on my AmigaOne (PowerPC) and
> >  the X server dies right on startup, but only if DRI/DRM is enabled.
> >  I tested this with both Xorg 7.1 (Debian Etch version) and Xorg 7.2
> >  (Lenny). The X server was working fine with kernel 2.6.25-rc6. I have
> >  to mention that the AmigaOne uses uncached memory for DMA operations.
> >  Benjamin Herrenschmidt fixed DRI recently for non cache coherent systems
> >  and his patches are working fine (I applied them to kernel 2.6.25-rc6).
> >  Please take a look at the attached Xorg.0.log file or at the excerpt
> >  below:

Hm, so looks like I'm not seeing some ghosts on mine either. 2.6.25-rc8
xorg runs under etch, but enters a tight (no syscalls) loop woth 100% CPU
load under lenny. A 2.6.24 based kernel works under both etch and lenny...
Haven't had time to try to localize the problem. Glint xorg driver, DRM
and AGP are off, CONFIG_FB_PM2=y.

Thanks
Guennadi
---