Date:	Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:19:25 +0300
From:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...nel.org>
To:	"Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com>,
	Soeren Sonnenburg <kernel@....de>,
	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	Mark Lord <lkml@....ca>
Subject: Re: [Bug #10117] 2.6.25-current-git sometimes hangs on boot
	-dual-core Sony Vaio

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 07:54:11PM -0300, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:
> On Wed 16.Apr'08 at  0:29:49 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > We must learn to more aggressively point people at reporting their
> > issues in own bugs, instead of hijacking an already existing similar
> > looking bug (that might be for a different issue).
>
> I understand now, but you made me feel bad about it.

Sorry for my wording, it was not meant personally.

It's a general problem in bug trackers that one person reports one
issue, and other people say "I have the same bug" and start discussing
their problem, which might or might not turn out to be the same.

And the result was e.g. here that Venki marked #10377 as a duplicate of
#10117 saying "Both are Core 2 Duo based with 64 bit kernel." although
this is not true for the bug #10117 was originally created for.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed