Date:	Sat, 17 May 2008 21:11:35 +0200
From:	"koos vriezen" <koos.vriezen@...il.com>
To:	"Arjan van de Ven" <arjan@...radead.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: mplayer v4l hangs in 2.6.25.2/4

2008/5/17 Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>:

> Is it possible for you to enable lockdep (CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING)?
> With that on, the kernel will print nicely which locks are being waited
> on, and if there's a deadlock, it'll print that too. Speaking of that,
> since this looks like a mutex related issue, it's worth enabling
> CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES as well.... more debug checks in this area.
> If you also enable CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER then the backtrace will get
> better too (but it's not totally required, just easier for diagnostics)

See attachments.
FWIW, while mplayer is hanging, I can use another Xvideo based tv player.

Regards,
Koos Vriezen

Download attachment "mplayer.out.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (7980 bytes)

Download attachment "config-2.6.25.4-2.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (17193 bytes)

Download attachment "dmesg.out-2.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (9041 bytes)