Date:	Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:53:16 +0200
From:	"Alexander van Heukelum" <heukelum@...tmail.fm>
To:	oakad@...oo.com
Subject: Re: Problem with find_first_bit function and kin

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:22:23 -0700 (PDT), "Alex Dubov" <oakad@...oo.com>
said:
> [...]

The difference is that __ffs does base-0 indexing on a long type
and ffs does base-1 indexing on a regular int type. Also, __ffs(0)
is undefined, while ffs(0) returns 0. ffs is the odd one out in the
kernel, but its behaviour is set in stone, because gcc may replace
any call to ffs with its own (usually inlined) version, which
behaves as described.

Greetings,
    Alexander
--