Date:	Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:58:22 -0400
From:	Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Ot & Probably off the wall question.

Greetings;

I had a family dinner to visit last night, and since my camera is a vfat file
system with a usb interface, I thought I'd put about 50 of the pix I've taken
with that camera, back on it and show the rest of the family what has been
keeping me out of the bars this summer.

When I was done, the camera said it had room for 22 more pix, empty is 84 as
its a 64 meg card, and I unmounted it after the write led on the camera went
out, then remounted it to see if they were all there and they were.

So I get to the dinner, drag out the camera as a brag book, and check the
first and last pix before handing it off.  But there were only 4 viewable,
and they were the first 4 chronologically, even the ones I'd left on it were
gone, not viewable.  But the memory was still used.

Getting back to the house and mounting it to /media/camera, every pix on it,
about 65 by then, was perfectly readable.  Just for grins, I had the camera
format the card and wrote 6 more pix to it with the computer.  But only 4
were visible and readable on its own viewfinder.

The camera is too old now to bother yelling at Olympus, am I stuck with this,
or is there some sort of a bug in the usb-storage module I have uncovered?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)