Date:	Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:47:18 +0200
From:	Denis Joseph Barrow <D.Barow@...ion.com>
To:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
CC:	Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@...ox.com>, greg@...ah.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: question wrt /drivers/char/tty_io.c in pre 2.6.16 code

Thanks Greg/Alan,
As for maintaining 2 and a half year old distros that's my job.
I think I figured out a way of doing the flow control.
I need to wrap the line discipline function pointer
disc->ops->receive_buf(tty, char_buf,flag_buf, count);
in /drivers/char/tty_io.c for my hso driver anyway
I can put in a counter in this wrapper decrementing
the buffers full & increment the counter each time
I call tty_flip_buffer_push(tty); which I will only
do if there are less than 2 buffers busy.

If this idea is plain wrong let me know.

--
best regards,
D.J. Barrow