Date:	Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:43:31 +0100
From:	"Phil Endecott" <phil_wueww_endecott@...zphil.org>
Subject: nice and hyperthreading on atom

Dear Experts,

I have an ASUS Eee with an Atom processor, which has hyperthreading
enabled.  If I have two processes, one nice and the other normal, they
each get 50% of the CPU time.  Of course this is what you'd expect if
the scheduler didn't understand that the two virtual processors are not
really independent.  I'd like to fix it.

Google finds patches posted by Con Kolivas a looong time ago to address
this.  Can anyone tell me what has happened in the meantime?  Maybe
this feature is now in the kernel, but there's something I have to do
to enable it (e.g. choose the right scheduler).  Or maybe it never made
it in, for some reason.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Phil.