Date:	Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:27:29 +0200
From:	Tilman Baumann <tilman.baumann@...lax.com>
To:	Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: SMACK startproc patch

Sorry if i pollute the wrong list with my stuff. But SMACK does not seem
to have it's own list and now lives in the kernel. Though this is
userspace related...

The smack howto mentions a not yet implemented smack option for
start-stop-daemon.
We mainly use startproc. So i made a patch which adds this functionality
to startproc.

It adds the option [-S LABEL] to startproc, which brings the called
process up with /proc/self/attr/current = LABEL.
I figured setting the security context should happen after things like
pidfiles where written. But this is certainly up for discussion.

This patch applies to killproc version 2.08.

Please enjoy and comment.

Regards
  Tilman Baumann

--
Tilman Baumann
Software Developer

p: +49 (0) 89-990157-0
f: +49 (0) 89-990157-11

Geschaeftsfuehrer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG Muenchen HRB 158898, Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942

View attachment "killproc-smack.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (3269 bytes)