Date:	Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:40:53 -0700
From:	Howard Chu <hyc@...as.com>
To:	mjg@...hat.com, linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: hp-wmi on HP dv5z

Hi, just got a new HP dv5z laptop and trying to make sense of how everything
fits together. The wifi button on this laptop doesn't appear to generate any
keyboard event. I loaded the hp-wmi module, and that allows me to toggle the
wlan and bluetooth in software, by writing to
/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill[01]/state. But pressing the button still does
nothing. What am I missing?

Also, disabling the wifi the first time turns the wifi LED from blue (active)
to orange (inactive) which is what I'd expect, but re-enabling it leaves the
LED orange. Again, what am I missing?

Without the hp-wmi module loaded, FN+F7 and FN+F8 would control the display
backlight brightness. With it loaded, these keys do nothing. Seems there's
some conflict between hp-wmi and ACPI. Any suggestions?
--
   -- Howard Chu