Date:	Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:42:31 +0200
From:	Eric Piel <eric.piel@...mplin-utc.net>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@...e.cz>
Cc:	Thomas Renninger <trenn@...e.de>, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	burman.yan@...il.com, rpurdie@...ys.net,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Len Brown <len.brown@...el.com>
Subject: leds-hp-disk vs lis3lv02d

Pavel Machek schreef:
> Hi!
>
>> shouldn't this one be integrated into Eric's/Yan's driver?
>
> It is separate piece of hardware, completely unrelated to lids3v
> chip. No, it should not be integrated, but I'll makesure they work
> toggether well.
Hello,
I think I talked too fast: it seems impossible to have both drivers
(leds-hp-disk and lis3lv02d) working at the same time. Only the first
driver loaded is used.

After a little look at it, I think it comes from the fact that both
drivers are assigned to the same MODALIAS (HPQ0004). The ACPI PNP
(through the generic bus infrastructure) only declare the device to one
of the drivers supporting it, not all of them.

How can I tell to ACPI that it should load both drivers for the same PNP
ID match?

Eric