Date:	Sat, 01 Nov 2008 21:42:58 +1000
From:	Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen@...kadi.net>
To:	Kasper Sandberg <lkml@...anurb.dk>
CC:	Robert Hancock <hancockr@...w.ca>,
Subject: Re: 2.6.27.2 USB reset/IO Error problem when high load on ICH9 USB

> I am absolutely positive it was plugged in properly, and i am also sure
> the usb port isnt broken, i have tested all of them, though, this is
> first time i have had so many in use concurrently, maybe its a power
> issue? (which would be weird though, as flash devices shouldnt be using
> so much power)

FWIW I've found that on my ICH9 based PC, whenever I copy a fairly large
(>50MB) amount of data onto a USB flash drive, my USB keyboard plays up
for up to half an hour after the transfer, generating random keypresses
all over the place.

The first time it happened I thought I had some sort of spyware/virus on
my PC, but it reliably happens whenever I copy lots of data onto the
flash.  After about half an hour or so it settles down and everything
goes back to normal.

I thought it was a problem with the keyboard driver, as it doesn't
affect the whole keyboard (the base keyboard is handled by the Linux USB
keyboard driver and that works fine, but the userspace program
"g15daemon" handles the extra non-standard keys, and these are the ones
that randomly get pressed after a large data transfer.)

Last time this happened I checked the data coming in over evdev, and the
extra keypresses were generated entirely in software - no evdev data was
coming in unless I was physically pressing the key.  But still Linux was
receiving spurious keypress events.  (Which is why I suspected the
userspace program.)

Perhaps it's not g15daemon (nobody else has reported this behaviour),
but something USB related instead?

This is with 2.6.23.9, though.

Cheers,
Adam.