Date:	Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:24:27 +0900
From:	Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@...ove.sakura.ne.jp>
To:	serue@...ibm.com
Cc:	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, linux-security-module@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, takedakn@...data.co.jp,
	haradats@...data.co.jp, penguin-kernel@...ove.sakura.ne.jp
Subject: Re: [TOMOYO #12 (2.6.28-rc2-mm1) 06/11] Common functions for TOMOYOLinux.

Hello.

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > There are two PIDs, PID seen from inside virtualized environment and
> > PID seen from outside virtualized environment. To clarify, let me call
> > the former "PIDv" and the latter "PIDg".
> >
> > PIDv is not system-wide unique. But PIDg is system-wide unique, aren't they?
> > The PID received from outside virtualized environment is PIDg and they are
> > system-wide unique, am I right?
>
> You are doing find_task_by_vpid(), so you are not looking up a task by
> global pid.

I need to clarify reachability of "struct task_struct".

A process inside a virtualized environment cannot reach "struct task_struct"
which belongs to outside the virtualized environment.

A process outside virtualized environments can reach "struct task_struct"
which belongs to inside virtualized environments, can't it?

Regards.