Date:	Thu, 01 Jan 2009 09:52:33 -0800
From:	John Dierks <j.dierks@...izon.net>
To:	Roland <devzero@....de>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, jj@...osbits.net
Subject: Re: kernel bug in openSUSE 11.1 64 bit

Roland -

Your suggestion was the key that solved my problem.

In short, the problem does not appear to be in the openSUSE 11.1
release, but instead in the version of bios I happened to have on
my D945GCLF2 board.  Upgrading from bios version 0099 to 0122
allowed me to do a totally trouble-free upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1 (64 bit).

I have added a closing note to the forum article.

So, thank you (and you also, Jesper) for your helpful suggestions
and have a very Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
John Dierks