Date:	Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:29:37 +0500
From:	"Alexander E. Patrakov" <patrakov@...il.com>
To:	Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
CC:	Arjan Opmeer <arjan@...eer.net>, "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>,
	Kernel Testers List <kernel-testers@...r.kernel.org>,
	Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux@...glemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Bug #12406] 2.6.28 thinks that my PS/2 mouse is a touchpad

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> Sorry, must have missed that. I think it's gonna be a bit chatty if
> user happens to have Logitech++ device attached, however I think if
> we complement it with the patch below I think it should work OK.

Dmitry, I don't see the effect of your patch. I.e., both the patch by
Arjan referenced in the bug, and combination of that patch with yours,
produce a working mouse and this dmesg output:

psmouse serio1: ID: 10 00 64<6>elantech.c: Elantech version query result
0x00, 0x01, 0x64.
elantech.c: Probably not a real Elantech touchpad. Aborting.
input: ImExPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input18

--
Alexander E. Patrakov