Date:	Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:16:42 -0800
From:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Rusty Russell <rusty@...tcorp.com.au>
Cc:	Frédéric Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com>,
	mingo@...e.hu, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, oleg@...hat.com,
	travis@....com, a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl, mm-commits@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: +
 work_on_cpu-rewrite-it-to-create-a-kernel-thread-on-demand.patch  added to
 -mm tree

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:28:11 +1030 Rusty Russell <rusty@...tcorp.com.au> wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 05:55:29 Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:58:13 +0100
> > Fr__d__ric Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com> wrote:

> > No it isn't.
> >
> > It's no less ugly than the current code.
> >
> > It's less buggy than the current code.
>
> Whatever, I like your version.

Careful, or you'll own it ;)

> Tho making it a series of 5 and exposing rdmsr_on_cpu/wrmsr_on_cpu for other
> uses would be even better.

These:

int rdmsr_on_cpu(unsigned int cpu, u32 msr_no, u32 *l, u32 *h);
int wrmsr_on_cpu(unsigned int cpu, u32 msr_no, u32 l, u32 h);
int rdmsr_safe_on_cpu(unsigned int cpu, u32 msr_no, u32 *l, u32 *h);
int wrmsr_safe_on_cpu(unsigned int cpu, u32 msr_no, u32 l, u32 h);

already exist.  I don't think anything else needs to be done here?