Date:	Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:16:41 -0800
From:	Frank Rowand <frank.rowand@...sony.com>
To:	wuzj@...ote.com
CC:	linux-rt-users@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: the current status of RT_PREEMPT for mips

wuzj@...ote.com wrote:
> HI!
>
> I'm planning to port RE_PREEMPT to loongson2f(a mipsel compatible
> processor), the "FAQ" web page of RTWiKi(rt.wiki.kernel.org) shows that
> "There are systems representing the x86, x86_64, ARM, MIPS, and Power
> architectures using the CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT patch.", does it means that
> RT_PREEMPT support  MIPS architecture? because i can not find any more
> information about it, I tried to use the latest RT_PREEMPT on qemu
> 0.9.1/mipssim, it can not boot, so I come to get your help, could you give
> any current status of RT_PREEMPT for mips? such as:
>
> 1. does the latest RT_PREEMPT(for linux 2.6.26.8) support MIPS
> architecture? or any older one support it?
> 2. if Yes, which MIPS processors have been successfully running RT_PREEMPT?
>
> looking forward to your reply, thanks!
>
> Best Regards,
> falcon

I do not have information for current versions of the kernel, but last year
I was running 2.6.24-rt1 on a Toshiba tx4937 to do some experiments.

I have a few trivial patches for the latency tracer, but if you use a newer
kernel they are not needed because ftrace replaced the latency tracer
in 2.6.24-rt2.

-Frank Rowand
Sony Corporation of America