Date:	Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:25:26 +0100
From:	Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@...iologie.ch>
To:	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: commit "radeonfb: Fix resume from D3Cold on some platforms"
	breaks resume from RAM on PowerBook

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:22:04AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 09:38 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > Hi Benjamin
> >
> > The commit 1fb25cb8b83e85f5bf1a4adb3c9a254c4ce92405 "radeonfb: Fix resume
> > from D3Cold on some platforms" breaks resume from suspend to RAM on my
> > PowerBook (Model PowerBook5,8 with ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 M10).
> >
> > On resume the pulsing led indicating sleep just changes to solid white
> > and nothing else happens.
> >
> > Reverting this commit on top of the current Linus' tree fixes resume.
> >
> > Gaudenz
>
> Does it help if you comment out the call to:
>
> 	pmac_set_early_video_resume(radeonfb_early_resume, rinfo);
>
> >From radeonfb_pm_init() ?

No this doesn't help. the only change is, that the led goes off on
resume instead of on. The machine is still hanging and I have to turn it
if by pressing the power button for some seconds.

It might be that the kernel configuration matters. While orginally
bisecting the problem I initially tried with a reduced config to speed
up complilation and suddenly even previously working versions had the
bug. I then reverted to bisecting with my original kernel config.

I'm now trying to compile a kernel with pmac32_defconfig to see if that
works. I attached my orignial config. If you send me your config I can
also try with that.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

View attachment "config-2.6.29-rc7" of type "text/plain" (55005 bytes)