Date:	Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:56:34 +1100
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	linux-next@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: linux-next: state of the trees

Hi all,

Given that the release of 2.6.29 and the new merge window is rapidly
approaching, I though I would see what sort of summary I could give of
what is currently in linux-next (and presumably what is destined for
2.6.30).

I have put up two files at
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/sfr/linux-next/next-20090305-{summary,diffstat}
(as well as compressed versions as they are a bit large for the mailing
lists.  I chose next-20090305 since it is the first release after
2.6.29-rc7.

The summary from the diffstat looks like this:

 4711 files changed, 646856 insertions(+, 216616 deletions(-)

Below is a summary of the state of each tree - the numbers following the
name are the total number of outstanding commits (relative to all the
preceding trees) and the number after doing "git patch-id" matching with
Linus' tree and all the previous trees.  Thus the order of the trees
makes a difference to the numbers.  No numbers means the tree is empty
relative to all the preceding trees.

The numbers for the kvm tree may be skewed a bit due to the way the tree
is maintained and its patches are sent to Linus.

The v4l-dvb tree is not reflected in the diffstat file above since it
was dropped because of build failures.

origin					(Linus' tree)
(These are just outstanding fixes for 2.6.29)
arm-current
m68k-current
powerpc-merge
sparc-current
scsi-rc-fixes
net-current
sound-current
pci-current
wireless-current	2	2
kbuild-current
driver-core.current
usb.current
cpufreq-current
input-current
md-current
audit-current
crypto-current
dwmw2
(From here on down are 2.6.30 candidate changes)
arm			65	65
avr32			2	2
blackfin
cris