Date:	Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:32:28 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>
Cc:	Steven Rostedt <srostedt@...hat.com>,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
	linux-next@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@...il.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for March 11 (tracing)

* Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com> wrote:

> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > * Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com> wrote:

> >> This build warning is still around (20090318).
> >> Is the fix not in some branch that is imported into linux-next or what?
> >
> > be patient.
> >
> > 	Ingo
>
> I think that 7 days is being patient for a simple build fix.

s/build fix/harmless build warning fix

If you are interested in having a resolution you can git-merge the
latest development tree yourself and you can get rid of that
warning.

Of course that way you'd expose yourself to even fresher code,
potentially with much more serious breakages.

It's a balance of freshness versus stability, and that balance is
kept by maintainers.

If you want the latest development code - go engage with the
development trees directly.

If you want something that is relatively new (i.e. 1-2 weeks fresh)
but works on the range of systems we test, use what you get in
linux-next.

It's your choice which one you pick.

But you cannot have both.

If you genuinely think you can have it both, by all means i
encourage you to try it - it's all open source so you can run your
own tree. Just please dont feel entitled to demand it from others.

	Ingo