Date:	Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:23:03 +0800
From:	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	mingo@...e.hu, r.schwebel@...gutronix.de,
	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, blaschka@...ux.vnet.ibm.com,
	tglx@...utronix.de, a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, kernel@...gutronix.de
Subject: Re: Revert "gro: Fix legacy path napi_complete crash",

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:36:22PM -0700, David Miller wrote:

> I think the problem is that we need to do the GRO flush before the
> list delete and clearing the NAPI_STATE_SCHED bit.

Well first of all GRO shouldn't even be on in Ingo's case, unless
he enabled it by hand with ethtool.  Secondly the only thing that
touches the GRO state for the legacy path is process_backlog, and
since this is per-cpu, I can't see how another instance can run
while the first is still going.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>