Date:	Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:44:34 +0100
From:	Michal Simek <michal.simek@...alogix.com>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
CC:	Michal Simek <monstr@...str.eu>,
	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
	Linux Kernel list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	lkml <linux-arch@...r.kernel.org>,
	microblaze-uclinux@...e.uq.edu.au,
	John Williams <john.williams@...alogix.com>,
	John Linn <John.Linn@...inx.com>,
	Stephen Neuendorffer <stephenn@...inx.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@...cle.com>,
	Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
	Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@...site.dk>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Microblaze initial pack

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> [...]
>>>  * under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published
>>>  * by the Free Software Foundation.
>>>

>> This is no my license. I'll ask a Xilinx guys for permission to change
>> it for this file.
>> John L, Stephen: Could I change the license as Ingo suggested?
>>

> Note that there's a couple of other Xilinx files in the upstream
> kernel tree already that could serve as a template:
>
>  drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/buffer_icap.c: *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>  drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/buffer_icap.h: *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>  drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/fifo_icap.c: *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>  drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/fifo_icap.h: *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>  drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.c: *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>  drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.h: *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>
> Those files carry this as-is no-warrantes notice plus also a GPLv2
> notice:
>
> /*****************************************************************************
>  *
>  *     Author: Xilinx, Inc.
>  *
>  *     This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
>  *     under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
>  *     Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
>  *     option) any later version.
>  *
>  *     XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
>  *     AS A COURTESY TO YOU, SOLELY FOR USE IN DEVELOPING PROGRAMS AND
>  *     SOLUTIONS FOR XILINX DEVICES.  BY PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE,
>  *     OR INFORMATION AS ONE POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS FEATURE,
>  *     APPLICATION OR STANDARD, XILINX IS MAKING NO REPRESENTATION
>  *     THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS FREE FROM ANY CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT,
>  *     AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY REQUIRE
>  *     FOR YOUR IMPLEMENTATION.  XILINX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY
>  *     WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ADEQUACY OF THE
>  *     IMPLEMENTATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OR
>  *     REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS FREE FROM CLAIMS OF
>  *     INFRINGEMENT, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
>  *     FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>  *
>  *     (c) Copyright 2003-2008 Xilinx Inc.
>  *     All rights reserved.
>  *
>  *     You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
>  *     with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
>  *     675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

On the base of discussion with John L, I removed old license and I added
GPL one.
All changes which Ingo reported are in git tree.

Do I have to send next (version 2) pull request?
I think that is not necessary.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World