Date:	Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:22:46 +0900
From:	Kyungmin Park <kmpark@...radead.org>
To:	Artem.Bityutskiy@...ia.com
Subject: Re: EXT4-ish "fixes" in UBIFS

Hi,

I also got these request. the file is empty at rename operatoin in
case of sudden power off.
they say it's different from jffs2. in case of jffs2, it points old
files even though power off.
then why is UBIFS different. fix it as before. I said it's not
filesystem bug. it's expected behaviors.

In my case, I persuade the application people to change their
application to use fsync. also if fsync doesn't solve this problem,
add mirror scheme, duplicate file to avoid empty file problem.

Frankly I'm not sure which one is better. how much filesystem support
it. but remember that application programmer also don't want to change
their application when filesystem is changed.
"The application is not changed, only filesystem is changed. so it's
filesystem problem, not us"

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park