Date:	Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:55:23 -0400
From:	Matt Turner <mattst88@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-alpha@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@...assic.park.msu.ru>,
	Richard Henderson <rth@...ddle.net>,
	Jay Estabrook <jay.estabrook@...com>,
	Oliver Falk <oliver@...ux-kernel.at>
Subject: alpha: half done futex implementation

Hi,

Going on Richard's advice, I've tried to write an alpha futex
implementation based on the powerpc futex.h.

I've gotten this far.. :\

#define __futex_atomic_op(insn, ret, oldval, uaddr, oparg) \
    __asm__ __volatile(             \
    "1: ldl_l   %0,%2\n"            \
        insn                        \
    /* something needs to happen here
     * to save result of insn across
     * stl_c? */
    "   stl_c   %1,%2\n"            \
    "   beq     %1,2f\n"            \
    "   mb\n"                       \
    /* something needs to happen here
     * for the ret */
    "   .subsection 2\n"            \
    "2: br      1b\n"               \
    "   .previous\n"                \
    : "=&r" (oldval), "=&r" (ret)   \
    : "b" (uaddr) \
    : "memory")

Could someone take a look and help finish it?

For futex_atomic_cmpxchg_inatomic, I think Ivan's DRM_CAS
implementation can be used with only trivial changes. See
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm/commit/?id=6feac49398d0f037103a4ae3d5a512badeed61fb

Please CC me on responses, as I'm not subscribed to linux-kernel@.

Thanks,

Matt Turner