Date:	Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:01:52 +0200
From:	Tilman Schmidt <tilman@...p.cc>
Subject: Kconfig Q: expressing a modularity dependency

My current attempts to port the Gigaset driver from isdn4linux
to CAPI require the following Kconfig dependency:

- If isdn4linux or kernelcapi or both are built as a module
  (CONFIG_ISDN_I4L=m || CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI=m)
  then gigaset can only be built as a module
  (CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET depends on m).

- If neither isdn4linux nor kernelcapi ar built as a module
  (CONFIG_ISDN_I4L!=m && CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI!=m),
  including the case that neither is being built at all
  (CONFIG_ISDN_I4L=n && CONFIG_ISDN_CAPI=n),
  then gigaset may be built statically or as a module
  (all three tristate settings for CONFIG_ISDN_DRV_GIGASET are
  legal).

How is that best expressed in Kconfig?

Thanks,
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt                    E-Mail: tilman@...p.cc
Bonn, Germany

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (251 bytes)