Date:	Tue, 21 Apr 2009 02:32:58 -0300
From:	Rogério Brito <rbrito@....usp.br>
To:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@...il.com>,
	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>,
	Michael Tokarev <mjt@....msk.ru>, Mark Lord <lkml@....ca>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Quick question about libata and hdparm

Hi Alan, Bart and Co.

On Apr 20 2009, Alan Cox wrote:
> > DISCLAIMER: I'm not handling this bugreport, this is best
> > done by pata_pdc202xx_old Maintainer or libata Maintainer.
>
> Be that as it may thanks - thats well spotted and definitely a bug.

Well, I just compiled the kernel both with libata and with the usual IDE
drivers.

Unfortunately, it seems that Bart's patch isn't enough. OTOH, when I use
the older IDE drive, it seems to work OK, as the attached dmesgs show
(BTW, you may notice that there's something fishy with X, but that's
another story).

Oh, just one observation: I tried to compile a 2.6.30-rc2 kernel, but I
only got errors during the compilation. This is why I used a 2.6.29
kernel.

Actually, I also had a compilation problem with the 2.6.30-rc2 kernel on
another box running x86_64. I can post them separately if needed.

Thanks for your valuable help so far, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@...ckenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8

Download attachment "dmesg-2.6.29-with-libata-patched.txt.bz2" of type "application/octet-stream" (9881 bytes)

Download attachment "dmesg-2.6.29-with-common-ide.txt.bz2" of type "application/octet-stream" (9413 bytes)