Date:	Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:29:06 +1000 (EST)
From:	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>
To:	Oleg Nesterov <oleg@...hat.com>
cc:	David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
	Eric Paris <eparis@...isplace.org>,
	Roland McGrath <roland@...hat.com>,
	Stephen Smalley <sds@...ho.nsa.gov>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Q: selinux_bprm_committed_creds() && signals/do_wait

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> selinux_bprm_committed_creds:
>
> 	rc = avc_has_perm()
> 	if (rc) {
> 		flush_signals(current);
>
> This doesn't look right. If the task was SIGKILL'ed we must not proceed,
> the task should die. The fix is simple, we should check SIGNAL_GROUP_EXIT
> and do nothing in this case, the task will exit before return to user
> space. If SIGNAL_GROUP_EXIT is set, it is just wrong to drop SIGKILL and
> continue.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  This is a permission check to see
if the new task can inherit the signal state of the parent, and if not,
the new task's signal state is flushed.

Where does a consideration of SIGKILL arise?

> But, before fixing, I'd like to understand why we are doing
>
> 		flush_signal_handlers(current, 1);
> 		sigemptyset(&current->blocked);
>
> later. Could someone explain ? This looks unneeded.

This is part of clearing all the signal state in the child.

--
James Morris
<jmorris@...ei.org>