Date:	Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:04:43 +0100
From:	Clive Wagenaar <clivewagenaar@...il.com>
To:	jason@...ation.com
Cc:	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Fusion-IO

Hi There

Could you advise info on your Fusion-IO IODrives.
http://www.fusionio.com/

Has Fusion-IO managed to release the ioxtreme yet?
If not do you have a indication of when it may be released and how much
it will be, obviously ballpark stuff here.
http://www.fusionio.com/PressDetails.php?id=46

Also for fun what is pricing of:
PCI-E X4 cards:  80/160/320GB, as per your site.

Can you deliver to Ireland?

I take it one would have to compile the drivers from source if ones
kernel is later than the drivers they have on their site for ones
kernel?
The latest Ubuntu one they have under support section of their site is:
iodrive-driver_1.2.4-1.7-2.6.24_22_generic_amd64.deb
(i.e only for kernel 2.6.24-22)

        Will the driver be incorporated into the Linux kernel directly?
        Has Fusion-IO given one of these to Linus Torvalds yet to get
        the driver into the mainline kernel and have it optimized for
        Linux?
        http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/lkml/
        Linus Torvalds:	torvalds@...l.org
        Alan Cox:	alan@...hat.com

With reference to booting off a PCI-E:
If they had the ioxtreme available, I take it one could have '/' and
'/home' on the io-drive and only need to have '/boot' on a conventional
sata type sdd/hdd drive?
(I.E I take it one cant boot directly off a PCI-E drive?)

Hope some of this makes sense.

Regards

-
clivewagenaar@...il.com

System Powered by:
Ubuntu/Debian/Gnu/Linux
Ver: Jaunty 9.04
Kernel 2.6.28-11-generic
Gnu+Linux user #419390
Ubuntu user #1072

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)