Date:	Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:02:40 +0200
From:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
To:	Ben Dooks <ben@...ff.org>
Cc:	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>, Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>,
	Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@....linux.org.uk>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, swetland@...gle.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.arm.linux.org.uk, san@...roid.com,
	rlove@...gle.com
Subject: Re: HTC Dream aka. t-mobile g1 support

nOn Sat 2009-06-13 01:30:16, Ben Dooks wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 08:24:45PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> > > []
> > >
> > > I suggest you stop using subscriber-only mailing lists and
> > > use linux-arm@...r.kernel.org.
> >
> > This is main point here is to offload Russell.
> > One way to offload Russell is to have competent people reviewing platform
> > code for ARM. This is best done by other platform people.
> > Me and you - we can helpt. But the people where we need higher
> > involvement are already on the list.
>
> Personally, I'm not on linux-arm@...r.kernel.org and don't plan on
> being there either. If people are too stupid to read the maintainers
> entry and realise that linux-arm-kernel is moderated and they might
> thus have to subscribe to post there then they can be safely ignored.

Really? So IDE maintainers have to subscribe before when they want to
discuss ARM&CF issues? Sleep maintainers have to subscribe when they
want to discuss sleep&ARM?

You are offending people by first adding unneccessary & annoying steps
to their workflow, and then calling them "too stupid" if they don't
follow your stupid rules. (Sometimes subscribing takes _weeks_!)

Yes, everyone should just join linux-arm@...r.kernel.org. What is the
_advantage_ of heave heavilly moderated mailing list?
								Pavel