Date:	Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:09:44 +0200
From:	Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, greg@...ah.com
Subject: Re: 2.6.31-rc0-git: lsusb stopped working?

Pavel Machek wrote:
> On thinkpad x60. Otherwise usb seems to work, including btusb dongle.
>
> /proc/bus/usb does not seem to exists.

Correct. usbfs has been removed in 2.6.31.

It's strange that lsusb no longer works for you. I've verified that on
Debian stable (Lenny) it does still work after I unmount /proc/bus/usb.
I guess Debian must have a newer version of usbutils, or one built with
libusb support.

The fact that your USB devices work means they do have libusb support.

$ dpkg -l usbutils
ii  usbutils        0.73-10         Linux USB utilities

Note that /proc/bus/usb/devices has been moved to debugfs and there's also
work being done (see linux-usb archive) on a script that can list
equivalent info by walking /sys.

For all the above: AFAIK and IIUC :-)

Cheers,
FJP