Date:	Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:58:33 -0700
From:	Chetan.Loke@...lex.Com
To:	<daniel.blueman@...il.com>, <matthew@....cx>, <andi@...stfloor.org>
CC:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, <jens.axboe@...cle.com>,
	<arjan@...radead.org>
Subject: RE: >10% performance degradation since 2.6.18

Possible enhancement -

1) Drain the responses in the xmit_frame() path. That is, post the TX-request() and just before returning see if there are
   any more responses in the RX-queue. This will minimize(only if the NIC f/w coalesces) interrupt load.
   The n/w core should drain the responses rather than calling the drain-routine from the adapter's xmit_frame() handler. This way there won't be any need to
   modify individual xmit_frame handlers.

PS - I'm not familiar with the networking code.

Chetan Loke--