Date:	Sun, 12 Jul 2009 23:44:19 -0600
From:	Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  Floppy constantly accessed in 2.6.31-rc2

On 2.6.31-rc2 (actually current git as of today) the floppy drive is
constantly being accessed with these messages being reported:

Platform driver 'floppy' needs updating - please use dev_pm_ops
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

lsof reports no process with /dev/fd0 open so it is not clear what is
causing this activity. It looks like the access starts when I log in to
X, but doesn't stop when I log out. I'm guessing HAL or something checks
the floppy drive and then the kernel somehow gets stuck in a loop
retrying the request..

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Commit
5e50b9ef975219304cc91d601530994861585bfe seemed a bit suspicious but
reverting it didn't seem to help. (It did get rid of the dev_pm_ops
message, though..)