Date:	Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:10:25 -0400
From:	Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...izon.net>
To:	Wu Fengguang <fengguang.wu@...il.com>
Cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, linux-mm@...ck.org
Subject: Re: OOM killer in 2.6.31-rc2

On Sunday 12 July 2009, Wu Fengguang wrote:

>> This 18 hours of uptime is a record by at least 3x what I've ever gotten
>> from this bios before.  On the one hand I am pleased, on the other the
>> lack of results so far has to be somewhat disappointing.
>
>Don't be in a hurry. Just enjoy the current good state until OOM revisits :)

Its been about 3d 10h of uptime now, and its been boringly stable.  Darn it.

Memory usage ack to htop has about doubled (to 828 megs from 385 or so
originally), and its 24MB into swap, so I'd assume there is a small leak
somewhere.  At this rate it will take weeks to trigger this again.

I've now built 2.6.31-rc3 with pretty much the same options re: memory, and
will probably reboot to it in the morning as its approaching the witching hour
here.  Any objections?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)