Date:	Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:43:56 +0200
From:	Alberto Gonzalez <alberto6674@...il.com>
To:	Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org>
Cc:	Alberto Gonzalez <alberto6674@...il.com>,
	Michal Soltys <soltys@....info>,
	Dave Airlie <airlied@...ux.ie>,
	Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@...y.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-hotplug@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.30 and udevd problem

On Wednesday 22 July 2009 19:12:51 Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Ah I must have been looking at the wrong register.  This one makes it
> look like one of your HDMI hotplug bits is getting stuck (HDMIC in
> particular).  This might not even be wired up on your platform...

Yes, I don't use HDMI, my screen is attached via VGA

> This test hack should prevent us from responding to those interrupts...

I've been hitting it hard for over an hour with all the usual tricks to
trigger it (and a few reboots) and I've been unable to reproduce the problem
with this patch. Before I could trigger it reliably in a few minutes, so I'm
pretty sure this patch fixes it. If something new comes up, I'll let you know
anyway.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Alberto.