Date:	Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:44:12 +0200
From:	Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>
To:	Paul Rolland <rol@...917.net>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rol@...be.net
Subject: Re: Linux-2.6.31-rc4 - shut the annoying "failed to acquire vblank..."

> I sent a mail long ago about this message :
> tux kernel: [drm:drm_wait_vblank] *ERROR* failed to acquire vblank
> counter, -22 showing up more than 10 times per second, but was told
> that I had some old userspace apps running... As I was using an old
> FC8, I forgot about it.

The message does not only show with old applications, it also shows:
- every time I suspend my notebook
- every time I start a second X session to log in as a different user

I agree that the message is very annoying and would be glad to be rid of
it, especially as the only comment from the maintainers so far has been
to just ignore it.
IMHO, If it is "ignoreable", then it is also "suppressable".

Thanks for your patch. I think I'll add it to my local branch too.

Cheers,
FJP