Date:	Sat, 8 Aug 2009 10:19:14 +0200
From:	Martin Rogge <marogge@...inehome.de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	devzero@....de
Subject: Re: 2.6.30.1-4 kernels freezes dual pentium-3 system

devzero@....de wrote:

Roland, you seem to reply to a mix of different mails. I skip the comments
unrelated to my error report. Btw, since then there have been two more reports
on lkml of dual P2 systems locking up with 2.6.30++.

> afaik, you can also bisect on a different (i.e. faster) box.

Since we are talking about dual-P3, no you can't.

> i think it would be more interesting if there is anything in dmesg on such

I posted dmesg etc. yesterday

> lockup. if not, maybe you can hook up a serial console or netconsole and
> trigger sysrq when you have another lockup.

Network, sysrq and numlock are all unresponsive. Like it says in the Haiku:

A crash reduces
Your expensive computer
To a simple stone.

> regards