Date:	Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:27:24 -0400
From:	Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...izon.net>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.31-rc6

On Thursday 13 August 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>Hmm. Lots of small fixes all over, spread out fairly evenly (50% drivers,
>and roughly 10% each in arch, fs, kernel, tools/perf, "rest"). And things
>do seem to be calming down, because outside of some further i915
>displayport patches and a couple of perf-counter patches, almost all of
>them are pretty dang small.

[...]

The Netgear WG311NA (marvel 88somethng) pci cards are still on the missing
list.  I was hoping that flurry of patches to libertas would all get in.

Various snippets from a rebuild:

  MODPOST vmlinux.o
WARNING: modpost: Found 5 section mismatch(es).
To see full details build your kernel with:
'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'

That has been there forever.

drivers/net/wireless/mwl8k.c: In function ‘mwl8k_config_wt’:
drivers/net/wireless/mwl8k.c:3031: warning: ‘radio_enabled’ is deprecated
(declared at include/net/mac80211.h:599)

I did see a warning about a type miss-match go by during the build:

drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_spi.c: In function ‘if_spi_c2h_data’:
drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_spi.c:739: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type
‘long unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘unsigned int’

And later:

net/mac80211/main.c: In function ‘ieee80211_bss_info_change_notify’:
net/mac80211/main.c:293: warning: ‘beacon_int’ is deprecated (declared at
include/net/mac80211.h:593)
net/mac80211/main.c: In function ‘ieee80211_alloc_hw’:
net/mac80211/main.c:714: warning: ‘radio_enabled’ is deprecated (declared at
include/net/mac80211.h:599)

Other than that the build was fairly clean, and I'm running it.  But still no
wireless. :(

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Politics are almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous.  In war,
you can only be killed once.
		-- Winston Churchill