Date:	Sun, 6 Sep 2009 19:41:36 +0200
From:	Wolfram Sang <w.sang@...gutronix.de>
To:	Christian Krämer <christian@...emer-eu.de>
Cc:	Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>, linux-pcmcia@...ts.infradead.org,
	Peter Stuge <peter@...ge.se>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

> > Uh oh. Which BIOS version do you have?
>
> The configuration interface displays: IBET41WW, 05/12/99.
> I know this isn't the newest version, but I don't have a floppy device for the
> laptop. I'll try to brun a dos cd with el torito folppy emulation, maybe i can
> upgrade it this way.

Given the various issues this laptop has, this is worthwhile, me thinks.

> Strange, I'dont use a docking station. I have not even got one.

Okay, then it is just a bay.

> > To make sure: Do regular PC Cards (non-CardBus) work with/without the
> > docking station? (I would assume that...)
>
> With regular PC Cards you mean 16 bit cards, don't you? I have only those one
> wlan card, but i can try to organisate one.

Yup, I mean those. That would sort out that the TI-Controller is broken. But
there is more likely something wrong with the PCI-setup.

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)