Date:	Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:51:38 +0800
From:	Jike Song <albcamus@...il.com>
To:	Parag Warudkar <parag.lkml@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: BUG UNIX: Poison overwritten with 2.6.31-rc6-00223-g6c30c53

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Parag Warudkar<parag.lkml@...il.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jike Song<albcamus@...il.com> wrote:
>>> hi, I hit this with vnc. Below is part of dmesg :
>
>> Still producible in 2.6.31-rc9, anybody helps?
>
> How does one go about reproducing this? You said VNC triggers this but
> what VNC version, server or client? What distro and what needs to be done
> with VNC to trigger this problem? I ask since I use VNC myself and test -git kernels
> and have not encountered this issue.
>
> Parag

Thanks for your attention,  CC netdev this time.

VNC server: tigervnc-server-0.0.91-0.11.fc11.x86_64
VNC client:  TurboVNC Viewer version 0.5 for Solaris
Distro       : Fedora 11, x86-64

I specify gnome-init in xstartup, below is my xstartup file, with this
file one only need to run vncviewer from the client to produce this
bug:

#!/bin/sh

unset LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES
unset LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT
unset LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL LANG LANGUAGE PAGER
LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8
export LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES
export LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS LC_TELEPHONE LC_MEASUREMENT
export LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL LANG LANGUAGE PAGER
export G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@...ale
XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
export XMODIFIERS GTK_IM_MODULE
if type scim &> /dev/null ; then
	scim -d &
fi

vncconfig -iconic &
unset SESSION_MANAGER
unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
OS=`uname -s`
if [ $OS = 'Linux' ]; then
  case "$WINDOWMANAGER" in
    *gnome*)
      if [ -e /etc/SuSE-release ]; then
        PATH=$PATH:/opt/gnome/bin
        export PATH
      fi
      ;;
  esac
fi
if [ -x /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ]; then
  exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
fi
if [ -f /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc ]; then
  exec sh /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
fi
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
xterm -geometry 1024x768 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
gnome-init &

--
Thanks,
Jike

Download attachment "xstartup" of type "application/octet-stream" (1142 bytes)