Date:	Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:36:21 +1000
From:	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>
To:	Frans Pop <elendil@...net.nl>
Cc:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>, realnc@...or.de,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

> I'd say add an extra horizontal split in the second column, so you'd get
> three areas in the right column:
> - top for the global target (permanently)
> - middle for current, either:
>   - "current most lagging" if "Global" is selected in left column
>   - selected process if a specific target is selected in left column
> - bottom for backtrace
>
> Maybe with that setup "Global" in the left column should be renamed to
> something like "Dynamic".
>
> The backtrace area would show selection from either top or middle areas
> (so selecting a cause in top or middle area should unselect causes in the
> other).

I'll have a look after the merge window madness. Multiple windows is
also still an option I suppose even if i don't like it that much: we
could support double-click on an app or "global" in the left list,
making that pop a new window with the same content as the right pane for
that app (or global) that updates at the same time as the rest.

Somebody ping me if I seem to have forgotten about it in 2 weeks :-)

Ben.