Date:	Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:54:25 +1100
From:	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:	Haojian Zhuang <hzhuang1@...vell.com>
Cc:	Samuel Ortiz <sameo@...nedhand.com>,
	"linux-next@...r.kernel.org" <linux-next@...r.kernel.org>,
	Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: mfd tree build failure

Hi Haojian,

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:35:05 -0700 Haojian Zhuang <hzhuang1@...vell.com> wrote:

> Could you send your .config file to me? The 88pm8607 patch is just for mfd-2.6 git tree. I didn't try it in linux-next git tree before. I can try it now. If I could have your .config file, it would be better.

I am sorry, but I don't have the exact .config file any more (I have
moved on in my creation of linux-next)  however, as I said, this was an
allmodconfig build on x86_64.  I also noted that CONFIG_I2C=m and
CONFIG_MFD_CORE=m, while the config entry that controls the building of
this driver is a bool so must have been 'y'.  So from a builtin driver,
you are referring to symbols that are only defined in modules.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@...b.auug.org.au