Date:	Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:50:02 +0900
From:	InKi Dae <daeinki@...il.com>
To:	linux-fbdev-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	Kyungmin Park <kmpark@...radead.org>
Subject: [patch] added brightness feature to lcd class.

This patch adds brightness feature to lcd class.
(kernel/driver/video/backlight/lcd.c)

In the past, most of the lcd panels for embedded system was TFT-LCD
Panel needing backlight device.
But now AMOLED LCD Panel appeared so we should consider brightness
control for AMOLED Panel.

For the time being, I used backlight fake driver for brightness
control of AMOLED LCD Panel.
But this way is not good, so I propose to add brightness feature to lcd class.

For this, I attached patch file and if my proposal is approved
Then I will send s6e63m0 and tl2796 AMOLED lcd panel driver based on
lcd class modified soon.

signed-off-by : InKi Dae <inki.dae@...sung.com>

Best Regards,
InKi Dae.

Download attachment "lcd.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (2951 bytes)