Date:	Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:54:47 -0500
From:	Steve Meisner <smeisner@...rter.net>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Parallel Driver(s) Broke in 2.6.31

I posted to the Mandriva forum with no luck yet.  I recently upgraded to
Mandriva 2010.0 and in doing so lost ability to use my parallel printer.
After many hours of debugging effort and finding nothing in logs or
hardware/driver error messages, I went on a hunch that it could be related to
the kernel.  So I rolled back to the 2009.1 kernel 2.6.29 and printing
returned.  I don't know how to proceed with determining the root cause as I
cannot find any error in the logs or differences in hardware detection and
module loading.  I don't even know the hierarchy of the modules involved
(parport, parport, pc, lp, and ppdev).   Should I start diffing those modules
and see if I get lucky applying hacking 101 techniques?  Please CC me
(smeisner@...rter.net) if you have any suggestions (except for buying a new
printer).
Thanks,

--