Date:	Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:03:29 +0100
From:	Gertjan van Wingerde <gwingerde@...il.com>
To:	Alan Stern <stern@...land.harvard.edu>
CC:	Ivo van Doorn <IvDoorn@...il.com>, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org,
	Kernel development list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: REGRESSION for RT2561/RT61 in 2.6.32

On 12/06/09 23:12, Alan Stern wrote:
> Sorry for the late notice; I haven't tried running new kernels on this
> computer in a long time.
>
> When I use 2.6.32 (or indeed 2.6.32-rc1), it works fine up until the
> point where the wireless card is ifconfig'ed.  Then not long afterward
> (a few seconds to a minute) the system hangs.
>
> # lspci -vv -s d.0
> 00:0d.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
>         Subsystem: Linksys WMP54G ver 4.1
>         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
>         Kernel driver in use: rt61pci
>         Kernel modules: rt61pci
>
> While the system is hung, Alt-SysRq-keys still work but nothing else
> shows up when I type (using a VT console, not X).  However I don't know
> what debugging to do or what to look for.
>
> Under 2.6.31 everything works okay.

Hmmm, that's odd. I haven't seen any other reports on this (on full system hangs that is).

It would be very hard to figure out what is going wrong without any form of logging of
an oops or something. Is there any way you can find out if any oops information is present?

What does Alt-SysRq-l tell us, what are the CPU's doing when the system is hung?

---
Gertjan.