Date:	Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:40:04 -0700
From:	Alex Chiang <achiang@...com>
To:	Xiaotian Feng <xtfeng@...il.com>
Cc:	Dave Airlie <airlied@...hat.com>, rjw@...k.pl,
	dri-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: radeon 4830 corruption after resume

Adding dri-devel to cc as I should have done in the first place.

Full thread for context here: http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/12/13/321

More responses below.

* Xiaotian Feng <xtfeng@...il.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Alex Chiang <achiang@...com> wrote:
> > * Dave Airlie <airlied@...hat.com>:

> >> Has it ever worked? can you suspend/resume without X running at all?
> >
> > Hm, define "worked"?
> >
> > The machine responds to keyboard, mouse, network input, etc. It's
> > just that the screen is garbled.
> >
> > Unless I'm not understanding what you're asking?
> >
> >> Its quite possibly a userspace problem but its hard to know, we
> >> haven't changed the user modesetting pieces in the kernel at all in
> >> quite a while.
> >
> > Ok, I'm just looking for where/how to start debugging. Any advice
> > on where to look next would be fine too.
>
> Then how about ssh to your machine, and get dmesg output?

The machine is actually useable. Wireless networking even works.
It's just that the screen is garbled.

Here's a much better idea of the type of corruption that I'm
seeing. Huge file alert, it's like a 5MB jpg.

	http://chizang.net/alex/tmp/corrupt-radeon2.jpg

I'm attaching full dmesg and pm-suspend.log.

The suspend happens some time around time 400 and the resume is
the huge jump in time afterwards.

Thanks,
/ac

View attachment "dmesg-corrupt.txt" of type "text/plain" (62812 bytes)

View attachment "pm-suspend.log" of type "text/plain" (5121 bytes)