Date:	Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:43:46 +0100
From:	Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>
To:	"Luis R. Rodriguez" <lrodriguez@...eros.com>
Cc:	Luis Rodriguez <Luis.Rodriguez@...eros.com>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
	"linux-pci@...r.kernel.org" <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>,
	Alan Jenkins <alan-jenkins@...fmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: mac80211 suspend corner case (was: Asus eeepc 1008HA suspend
 issue and mac80211 suspend corner) case

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 11:19 -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> Reason for me suggesting for mac80211 to deal with this is drivers
> won't know if their failed start() call will have been from resume and
> we likely won't add a bool to start() callback since we already
> debated this a while back.
>
> I don't really care about hardware failures in other cases right now,

Which is the problem.

If your hardware suddenly fails, _regardless_ of when, you need to
unregister from mac80211 since otherwise you'll get loads of callbacks
to failed hardware.

Resume really isn't as special as you'd like to believe.

johannes

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (802 bytes)